Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Reality of Hope Event, Thursday, May 15, 2008











It is important to give back...For the past couple months I have been working with Adoption-Link. Adoption-Link is an adoption agency based out of Chicago that specializes in international adoption. The agency has been focusing on their 4th annual Reality of Hope event. I was asked to meet with some families and make some pictures for the event in an attempt to put a face to adoption, particularly families that have adopted internationally. Chances By Choice is a program of Adoption-Link that is putting a lot of time and energy in to placing HIV infected orphans into families around the United States.

Being able to donate some of my time to be a part of this project is something that I really appreciate. It is not all that often when you work on a project and feel as though you are doing some great thing that is helping SOMEONE! I am by no means saying that my job isn't helping people in some way all the time...but working on a project like this...you get to see this energy immediately spring out of people...all for my camera. This project was a great opportunity to meet some amazing people who strive to make a difference in children's lives domestically and internationally everyday. Here are some pictures of the people I got to photograph...


-mj

No comments: