Tuesday, May 27, 2008

busy weekend...(part 1)


So this weekend was hectic...worked a good amount for Time Out Chicago and Pioneer Press.  Time Out has me shooting at locations around Chicago for a feature piece coming out in June.  One location was inside Guthries Tavern near Wrigley Field.  I went after a Cubs home game expecting to find a mess of people at the bar, and I did.  In this assignment situation I knew communicating with the belligerent Cubs fans after a game would be difficult so I thought the best thing to do would be to just start shooting.  I had made some pictures of this group of guys sharing a few laughs and consuming a few beers...they later asked me who I was shooting for and I gave them the usual response, "Time Out Chicago." After documenting the people inside the bar I decided to shoot some outside pictures of the bar.  Here is a example of the great, fun people that I meet everyday...

-mj





No comments: